Teacup Yorkie Poo is a jolly designer dog that can bring a smile to any sad person’s face. Yorkie Poo is a crossbreed of a Yorkshire Terrier and a Toy Poodle. What makes Yorkie Poo a charming buddy to the humans is their brilliant intelligence, affection and friendliness. They are energetic and love to play around with you if not dozing in your lap. They are very adaptable and can smoothly go with the apartment life, if you can ignore the bark. They love to play with children. No matter how much trained your black Yorkie Poo is, don’t leave him unsupervised with your kids. Also, warn your kids not to disturb your dog while eating or sleeping.
Now, let us discover more about the cute little canine buddies;
ORIGIN & ANCESTRY
The initiation was done in the United States by crossbreeding the Yorkshire Terrier and Toy Poodle. Thus, we got the cute Yorkie Poo puppies. However, now many breeders crossbreed the Yorkshire Terrier with both miniature Poodles and Toy Poodles creating Yorkie Poos varying widely in size and weight. You could locate the characteristics of the Yorkshire Terriers as well as the Toy/Miniature Poodles in them.
HEIGHT, WEIGHT AND LIFE EXPECTANCY
Yorkshire Terrier & Toy Poodle mix
Teacup Yorkie Poo dogs generally weigh between 3 to 14 pounds. The size, however, differs from one individual to another. The matured Yorkie Poo dogs reflect the purse-sized purebred Poodles. It could stand anywhere between 7 inches to 15 inches in height. They have a general lifespan of 10 to 15 years. However, the data related to this is nominal.
Yorkie Poo diet needs to be of high-quality dry kibble. Better the quality of the food means more nourished dog and fewer leftovers. They are pretty picky when it comes to their food. Little bit of canned provision could be mixed with kibble to lure their appetite. Dry food is important since without it they have a great possibility of developing gum infections, bad breathing even a tooth loss.
How much an adult dog should be eating completely depends on his age, size, build, metabolism and motion intensity. Like humans, even dogs are individuals and not all of them feed on same amount of food. Undoubtedly, an extremely active playful dog would need more food than a lapdog. Suggested daily diet amount of the Yorkie Poos varies from ¼ cup to 1 cup over two meals.
Proper measurement is important so that they are neither overweight nor underweight. To ensure that you can run the eye-test and the hands-on test. Firstly, take a good look at your dog. His waist should be visible to you. If you put your hand on his back, without pressing hard you could feel his ribs, but cannot see. If you can’t sense then, he surely requires less food and more work out.
What worth mentioning is their fun-loving, friendly behavior. They are bubbly and connect to their family fast. These adorable dogs passionately chip in family activities. It is the loving, faithful, affectionate teacup Yorkie Poo dogs who turn out to be great watchdogs as well as true companion dogs. Their confidence is a gift from their terrier inheritance. However, Yorkie Poo is easygoing and less challenging as compared to the other miniature breeds. They are sharp and easy-to-train. With regular training, they can be just right companion. They love to discover things by themselves parked in their owner’s lap.
Heredity, socialization, training are some of the factors that influence the temperament of the Yorkie Poo puppies. The normal puppies with pleasant temperament are curious, playful, enthusiastically approach people. Those who try to hide or beating up their mates are with dire or gloomy temper.
Meet the mother, siblings or other relatives of the Yorkie Poo puppies to ensure that they have nice nature that you can be comfortable with. It gives you an idea of how the puppies would be when they mature.
Yorkie Poos should start socializing in their adolescence – experiences with diverse people, sight and sound would help them grow up into an attractive smart dog. To start off you can enroll them in some puppy training classes, or take them on walk to the park or in neighbor. Even you can invite guests over to your place. New surroundings, new people all would contribute to buff up their communal skills.
They are lively and greet strangers just like meeting old long-lost pals. They love it when they get your attention. They are not going to tolerate if they are caged or left alone for a long time. They may bark relentlessly or hollow out the cushions.
The newly developed Yorkie Poo puppies are very prone to various health troubles that influence both parent breeds too. That includes Progressive Retinal Atrophy, Hypoglycemia, Dry Eye, Cataract, Hip Dysplasia, Elbow Dysplasia, Retinal Detachment, Hypothyroidism, Patellar Luxation, Atopic Dermititis, Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease and more. Not that all of them would suffer from health conditions, but you should be aware of it if you think of having one in your family.
When you are considering one among the teacup Yorkie puppies for sale, make sure that both parents have health clearances. It proves that the pup is examined and out of the fear of a specific disorder. Like for hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia and hypothyroidism you Orthopedic Foundation for Animals give clearances, CERF or Canine Eye Registry Foundation and Auburn University of Thromopathia certify their eyesight.
COAT, COLOR AND GROOM
All the Yorkie Poo puppies have widely varying coats. It should be opulently silky and very soft, but at the same time it could be straight, curly or wavy. To ensure that the long coat is not matted or tangled, you need to brush it quite a few times in a week. Brush the hair away from the eyes or trim the hair near the eyes so that it doesn’t irritate them. And, don’t forget the monthly bath with conditioner to maintain gorgeous fur and healthy skin.
Mostly you have seen black Yorkie Poo puppies. Right? But, they could be of many colors like cream, grey, silver, chocolate, sable apricot, red, white. Even they can parade a mix of duo or trio of colors like black and white, or red, apricot and white, or tan and black.
Multigenerational Yorkie Poo puppies are supposed to be odorless and non-shedding. However, every dog shed some hair around the year. But, as an inherited trait they create slight dander.
When it comes to grooming, there are certain measures that you should be doing regularly. Here, they are mentioned below;
- Enhance the beauty of teacup Yorkie Poo, by trimming the coat regularly. There is not specific length that you should be maintaining. Stick to your preference.
- There is no fixed schedule of bathing, but you can do that whenever you think it’s necessary. It keeps the fur soft, silky and clean.
- Basically the toy breed is tarnished for dental tribulations, as it is pretty difficult to look after all the teeth within the tiny orifice. Brush two to three times in a week to remove the built-in tartar and skulking bacteria. It prevents gum disorders and bad breathing.
- Sprucing your dogs nail twice a month is a nice way to prevent them from various painful troubles. Their audible nails’ snapping the floor; is a clear indication that the nails are too long. They got blood vessels there, so be careful while you are cutting them. Otherwise, they would just hide the next time you take out the nail clipper. If you aren’t veteran doing this, seek a groomer or a vet’s help.
- Check their ears twice a week for any infection. While doing so clean them with cotton damped in pH balanced ear cleaning solution. But, don’t get in to ear canal; stay on the outside.
- Teacup Yorkie Poo dogs need to be familiarized to frequent brushing, and medical checkups while they are puppies. Once they are entertained with compliments and rewards after a grooming, they would take it as cheering incident and would welcome other examinations when grown-up.
Teacup Yorkie Poo dogs are excessively undersized to live in the world outside. They are more than happy to reside in the warmth of a house or an apartment. Living indoors they are emotionally and physically healthy, comfortable and happy. They need to exercise daily. Prancing around in your lawn or daily brisk walk would be enough to keep these energy packets hale and hearty.
Yorkie Poo dogs love to be around people not in the kennel. However, crate training is important so that they can acknowledge imprisonment is case they need to get hospitalized or board a flight. In fact, it helps them to not to run down over anything and meet an accident. But, putting them into a crate for the whole day is a BAD idea. Their place is amongst people not in some enclosure.
The teacup Yorkie Poo dogs are enthusiastic and easy-to-train. They easily learn the basic tricks crawl, fetch, dance, and play dead. If you could train them, they do wonderful in dog sports too. But, to train them you should always take the upbeat techniques not the hard line. Small tidbits and admiration works better and faster than rebukes or vicious moves. Their energy and wish for amusing would keep you and your family pleased and laughing all the time.
TEACUP YORKIE PUPPIES FOR SALE
yorkie poo for sale
Searching for teacup Yorkie puppies for sale? Well, you can easily find hundreds even thousand of puppies for sale. But, you need to be very careful while you pay for one. There are various reckless breeders, pet stores, puppy mills out there. Go for licensed one who have tested the parent dogs and got medical clearances to show you. Otherwise, you would end up with long veterinary expenses after bringing an adorable black Yorkie Poo home (with passed on genetic disorder).
WHERE TO LOCATE WONDERFUL TEACUP YORKIE PUPPIES FOR SALE
It is pretty easy to begin with your search for puppies for sale; simply over the World Wide Web or the Yorkshire Terrier Magazine. However, it is just the beginning. You try to contact below mentioned place or events to discover some great puppies for sale.
- Rescue Groups – You may think it is not a good idea to get a puppy from a rescue group. Contrary, it is the best idea. It is their protocol to keep the puppies healthy. They even check their temperament before they offer them for sale. So, you would get only healthy, playful and cheerful Yorkie Poo Puppies whom you just need to train.
- Local Kennel Clubs or Canine Clubs – Finding a reliable breeder who offers puppies for sale is little tricky. But, you can definitely seek help from your locale kennel or canine clubs. They have all the data and can easily recommend you some.
- Dog Show – The Yorkshire Terrier breeders often flaunt their dogs in such events. They often have teacup Yorkie puppies for sale. The best thing about getting a teacup Yorkie Poo from them is that the puppy will not only be healthy, but will possess great qualities. After all, they know how to care for their dogs.
GETTING ALL SET FOR YOUR YORKIE POO PUP
Finding the perfect Yorkie pup doesn’t mean the journey came to an end. You need to take care of certain few things like;
- Paperwork – You make sure to get all the documents ready including the registration. Some breeders provide you with all the necessary paperwork.
- Background Check – Locating a cute black Yorkie Poo is just the first thing. You need to check the history of pup including the medications, vaccines. Ask the breeder or the seller about the vitamins, medications, vaccinations taken so far and to be taken in the future. You can also inquire what kind of food the puppy eats.
Since you have to take care of your black Yorkie Poo for long, you got to be certain that you chose the right pup. For this you need to do research about the dog and the breeder both. If you are confident that you can do it, then find yourself a perfect Yorkie puppy for sale.
Yorkie Poo puppies are gentle and loving who makes the entire lively with his funny frolics. Teacup Yorkie Poo puppies are lively and perfect comedian in disguise. If you are in old age and have a Yorkie Poo then you definitely need no other best friend.